slide show

July 4, 2012

Decorating with Portraits at 52 Mantels!

Hi! I'm Emily from 52 Mantels, a blog about all things home including weekly mantel makeovers, easy DIY projects, seasonal crafts and simple recipes.   I love gallery walls! They are such a fun way to showcase photos, treasures, textiles and mementos. This particular gallery wall, at the end of my hallway, is dedicated to family pictures and it combines both professionally taken photographs and candid photographs.

The burlap and clothespin photo board in the center of my gallery, is the perfect place to put pictures of my nieces and nephew. Every year when they get new pictures taken, I can easily swap them out! The large turquoise frame holds a black and white photo of my daughter at a year of age. Using photoshop, I added a few words describing her current loves. Such an easy way to capture a special age! 
After my photographs were hung, I added a red woven basket from East Africa and then filled in some of the gaps with vinyl words, placed right on the wall. To me, the key to an interesting gallery wall is mixing several contrasting textures, colors and shapes!
Photobucket
52 Mantels52 Mantels52 Mantels



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.