slide show

August 23, 2010

The Mentoring Space | Kentucky

As I was driving into Kentucky and saw the “welcome” sign I began to get excited and anxious to reach my destination and see Kathy after 10+ years. When I arrived, the warm greetings from Kathy, her husband Chad, baby Lydia and Kathy’s mother was wonderful! I just knew that it was going to be a GREAT weekend. No sooner then I laid my bags down; we headed out to capture some pictures/headshots of Kathy for her business. The request was sun setting and railroad tracks and I have to admit that both worked GREAT for Kathy! {smile} So, below is one picture captured from her mini session – more to come soon. This is the gal that I’ve been mentoring for the past couple of months and have really enjoyed the whole experience.

Saturday we started early and got right to it. {grin} I just had to share some pictures of the space that we worked in while I was there. This room is actually their baby girl’s room and it was ADORABLE in every sense of the word! I love the colors, the elements and the chandelier!! It makes a great nursery, but a FABULOUS creative space. I had fun getting these pictures and smiled with the anticipation of sharing them with you. Although this space is where we spent most of our time, we did find a couple hours for a session with Kathy's 4 nephews….wait till you see these handsome guys -AND- a mini session with her 5 month old baby, Lydia (Liddy). We even sat out on their porch late one night going over night settings with our cameras, candles and pizza! Good times!!

So, as you can imagine I stayed busy and in the midst of all the "musts", Kathy and I caught up on life and had some great conversation. Although we were more like acquaintances in college, I left calling her friend. She’s a GREAT gal with a lot of potential and I can’t wait to see where her photography goes! Kathy, thanks for opening your home to me and showing such hospitality! Here's to an EXCITING future! ....and stay tuned for pictures from the weekend sessions! I don't think you'll be disappointed. {smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.