slide show

May 31, 2010

Here's to the Heroes!

Interestingly enough, Memorial Day was formerly known as Decoration Day. As we all know, this holiday commemorates U.S. men and women who died in military service for our country and it’s a day to reflect on the many lost heroes! In capturing and editing this picture, I really spent some time thinking of those who have given everything for our country and how proud I am to be a part of such a great nation. The flag in the picture was made of all paper…by me. *smiles* In the post processing, I dropped a texture over it called “we the people” to age it. I love the worn look to it as it speaks silently of the worn path of our country. Of all the famous quotes in honor of today…this one stood out the most: “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” - Thucydides

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.