slide show

December 21, 2009

Another Loss to Embrace

As many of you know, I lost one of my grandmothers recently and exactly one week later I lost the other. Eleanor Kuert Herb passed away on December 16, 2009 at the age of 95. She was a great woman and lived a VERY full life. Taking in another death in such a short amount of time has taken its toll on my family both emotionally and physically. We are all feeling a void and in that we find ourselves talking about all the memories we have to hold on to. The funeral was in Philadelphia and because I took a picture at my other granmothers gravesite, I wanted to do the same for my dad. Below is the picture that was captured in which all three of her sons were pallbearers along with a few other family members. These are the experiences in life that present a unique opportunity for family to draw strength from one another. Grandma...I loved you more then you know and will miss you deeply!!! A very appropriate quote: "There is sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable Love." ~ Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Custom blog design by Blogger Boutique.